Friday, March 20, 2009

Self-Mastery

This collection is the first time that I've included paintings, photography, fused glass and nature arrangements from my garden together in one slide show to represent my passion for art. In the past, I considered each of these different mediums as separate, but part of the whole range of media that interest and inform the work I create. This week for a final presentation in my Self-Mastery class I decided to edit together my most recent work to share with my other classmates. Producing and publishing this collection is an extension of new intermedia work and interpersonal relationship understandings. The intention is self-disclosure, cataloging my efforts and graciously appreciating and acknowledging the interconnectedness of the individual artistic expressions with One Spirit.     

4 comments:

  1. again, something fabulous happening here with the movement...and juxtaposition of abstractions- oh gosh, the GLASS is fantastic on video...this is something to REALLY explore! YES! Rico, some of these images are really amazing and we can hold them in a different way when we see them as "scenes"... we've got to talk about how to transition into a "form" for you with cinema...you've got the base/beauty...just need to explore ways to incorporate with a cinematic structure. go daddy go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Richard! I was awed by the presentation. The beauty, the humanity, the creativity. You humble me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Rico - really lovely combination of images - and of course - I truly love your paintings! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete