Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Art in Nature/The Nature of Art Festival 2012

On Sunday Sept. 23rd, I participated with 200+ other artists at the 3rd annual Art in Nature Festival in the Redwood Trails Park in Oakland, Ca. This year I brought my sculpture installation titled "Earth Blessing: The Flower of Life" as a free co-creative community activity to raise the consciousness of loving the Earth. With the help of my friend Zhang Ke, we were able to hang custom-designed prayer flags to inspire creative expression. The response from attendees young and old was overwhelming with hundreds of beautiful messages added to the sculpture by the end of the day. Also, I brought my various gongs and singing bowls for people to play and along the trail's fence I displayed 8 different recent paintings for people to see how I work with paint on canvas. Two different people expressed interest in collecting my artwork, so it may have been a profitable day after all. However, the whole experience of holding a safe space for creativity and expression among the towering redwoods is truly priceless.















No comments:

Post a Comment