Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blue Gum Nesting

During a recent visit to Tilden Park in Berkeley I fell in love with a Eucalyptus tree. Well over 100 years old this beautiful Talsmanian blue gum, eucalypus globulus, called out to me to engage in a relationship. I climbed up into her mighty branches allowing the limbs to support my investigation. The magnificent bark was exfoliating and revealed the true nature of her spirit. I watched her leafs dancing in the breeze and listened to her song as the wind whistled high off the ground. The smell of her oils reminded me of vapor rubs and healing blocked sinuses. I felt safe, comforted and protected by her greatness. As a votive blessing, I collected leafs, nuts and bark to create an art installation. This is an expression of thanks for our loving time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment